Jump Festa Day 2: Master Duel News
With Konami's Day 2 Presentation, a bunch of new information has dropped about Master Duel!
Disclaimer: All of this information is our current approximation based on the overview video, we will update any incorrect information ASAP!
- There will be a Ranked Mode with various ranks (similar to Duel Links or Magic the Gathering: Arena)
- There will be in-game "Events" (presumably PvP events with rewards).
- There will be a Practice Mode where you can practice Decks against the CPU
- There will be a Story Mode where you can play through various plotlines within the Duel Monsters universe (as seen previously)
Decks and Card Crafting
- There appears to be a robust Deck Database from all sorts of players.
- There will be a "Draw Test Hand" feature
- There appears to a be a crafting system for individual cards, using "Keys" (This is similar to Hearthstone's "Dust" system).
- In the given example, extra copies Loading... were shown to be able to be "converted" into 10 "Super Rare Keys" each and 1 Loading... was able to be crafted for 30 "Super Rare Keys".
Shop and Monetization
- You can purchase "Master Duel Packs" for "Gems". It does not seem that these Master Duel Packs pull from any specific set.
- Opening Super Rares and Ultra Rares provide the player with "Key Cards" which seems most familiar to Magic the Gathering: Arena's "Wild Card" system (This is not confirmed).
- You can also purchase customization options like Boards, Sleeves, Icons, and "Deck Masters" that sit on the side of the board like mascots.
Are you excited about Master Duel? Let us know in the comments below!